Saturday, September 29, 2007

Word of the Day: Resilient



We had a little scare a few days ago at the park. Paul fell on the cement curb egde. He had an instant goose egg right between his eyes. The goose egg was so big it changed the shape of his eyes and he looked like a different kid. It has since gone down some. About 5 to 10 minutes after it happened he fell asleep. I started to worry and tried to wake him up. He was lethargic and hard to wake. After about 5 minutes I was able to wake him. In the meantime a friend I was with was trying to get ahold of a physician. When he did wake up he was his usual self, and has been acting normal since. It was scary though. I assume he had a very mild concussion. Here are some aftermath pictures for your enjoyment.

4 comments:

danberg said...

owww!! poor kid. i hope he's okay. its hard as a parent seeing your kid go through the learning to walk and get around without banging into things!

Mel said...

wow! that would scare me too! glad he is okay though!

Mandi said...

Holy cow - that looks painful! I am glad to hear he is doing ok now!

Tracy Giles said...

Ouch! Poor guy :( He's one tough kid!