Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Picking Apples



My mom and I also canned pie apples. Paul was a great help picking the apples. I think he took more apples out of the bucket than he put in. That apple tree produces so many apples my mom's life seems to revolve around it. She ends up harvesting (eating, drying, pies, giving away) through February and then has to turn around and start spraying the tree again in April. I always try to help her with them when I am in town during the fall. My poor mom is so sick of apples.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Whoa! That is a lot of apples, your poor mother, that sounds like a lot of work. Looks like you had fun picking though!

Becca said...

That is a lot of apples. That is great...unless you are sick of apples:) It looks like Paul had tons of fun. What a cute little guy!