We had a torrential rain storm come through tonight. It was enjoyable to watch. We have a plastic tarp stapled to the roof of our patio because our upstairs neighbors don't bother to use an ash tray or a trash can. We occasionally get a cigarette butt when it melts itself through the plastic, but a vast improvement from before. Anyway, so we were sitting on our ottoman in the doorway of our patio with the door open listening and watching the rain. Paul got bored and started opening and closing the sliding door. All of a sudden the wind changed and a few gallons of water pooled instantly on the tarp and burst through, along with butts and ashes, and it covered the sliding door. We sat there with our eyebrows raised thanking a higher power for the door being closed. That was a close call. It is a running joke that Secret Santa will deliver an ash tray and trash can upstairs for Christmas. I wish they'd move instead though because I don't like confrontation.
The storm lasted for about an hour, during which Pat took Paul out in it to go look around. They discovered a lake between our apartments. The pit the water was pooling in was designed for overflow, but I couldn't imagine what it would look like in use until now. Here are a couple videos. The first is of the lake during the rain storm and the second is a video I took of Paul and Pat a couple months ago playing in the same pit (just so you get a little idea of how deep the water is.)
Crazy, huh?
10 comments:
wow! thats a lot of rain! we are in the middle of our monsoon, an dhave had several huge storms similar to that!
i am sure the heat only amplifies the pregnancy ickies, i felt that way when i was pregnant too. walking out the door into the heat made me want to puke. hope you are surviving well -- almost time for cooler temps. :)
holy cow, that is seriously so crazy! did you go out and swim when it was over?! did anyone!? :) glad you and your home is safe!
Hey there.
I had the same problem with my neighbors above me when I lived in my first apartment and my dog would eat the cigarette butts then puke them up on the carpet! One day I took an old piece of pottery I had, filled it with sand and put a note on it that read, "Please use me for your cigarettes. Your neighbors dog is eating them and getting sick." The next day the pot was back on my porch but I never had a cigarette butt on my porch again! Where are living now a days?
amy
I was here for that rain storm. I love it when it rains like that (only when I'm inside of course). I can't believe the lake outside your apartment though! Oh, we had the same problem with cigarettes dropping down on us in the Covington, but we also had them pouring beer on our patio as well. I hope those people above you move soon.
That is so crazy! It didn't rain that hard over here. Thanks again for coming to Lily's birthday bash. It isn't a party without Paul.
That is simply nuts! I can't believe those 2 videos are of the same place. That is a lot of rain.
Oh and as far as the cigarette thing goes, we had a similar problem and eventually had to complain to our apartment management because it got so bad. They ended up getting evicted because they were also smoking inside the house which was a no no. I didn't even feel a tiny bit bad when that happened! That stinks for you guys though!
WOW, that's incredible! I had no idea there was that much rain. Sorry about your messy neighboors, I hope they move soon too.
I knew the rain was crazy-we were driving in it, but the videos really tell it all!!
He is such a boy! Super cute. All that rain wow! I actually miss it! It doesn't rain that much here!
That is a crazy storm! Did you hear about the storm they just had in Boise last night? I don't know if it rained - I think it was just a wind storm - but it caused a huge fire in Boise that burned 9 homes to the ground. Crazy weather! I am sorry about your neighbors by the way. That is so frustrating! Hopefully they move soon!
Post a Comment