
The sharp-shooter and I had our eyes on each other. Kind of creepy. We were stuck in rush hour traffic as we were driving passed the white house. Marine 1 flew over us and landed in the white house's backyard. There was a reception of people waiting. I assume it was the president that got off, but we were too far to tell who it was. It was pretty cool to watch though. The air traffic in the DC area in general is worth a mention also. There was a constant hum of huge helicopters and huge planes. It was almost unreal.

Paul posing in front of the Lincoln memorial with the Washington Monument in the background. We ate our lunch on a bench by the reflecting pool. Apparently it is a popular spot for people to exercise. It was constant. I felt like I was on the sideline of a race.

My mom and grandmother

Paul and Caleb trying out the pilot controls at the Air and Space Museum. Did you know that all the museums in downtown DC are free? We would have done more if the kids had let us.

This was the coolest frozen yogurt place I have ever been to. FroZenYo. I wish denver had one.

So you pick up a bowl and put as many flavors as you want in, and then you go to the toppings buffet. You pay by the ounce. It was delicious, cool, and surprisingly inexpensive! A must for anyone visiting DC.

Of course the kids loved it.
And I can't forget to mention the highlight of the entire trip, the Boise State vs. VA Tech football game. It was a blast! GO Broncos! I have never seen so many drunk people in my life.
5 comments:
That first picture is creepy, does he have a gun? My cousin that used to live in the DC area mentioned that same yogurt place on her blog, looks AWESOME! And that is so cool that the museums are all free.
Sounds fun, I would love to go to DC and go to all the museums. Have you heard of yogurtland here in denver? It is the same idea, you fill up your cup with as many flavors as you want and then you put whatever you want on top, and then pay by the ounce. I think it's good, you try it sometime.
No, I did not know that all the museums were free!! That is fantastic. And perhaps I will go try out yogurtland.
I love doing the tourist thing there. It looks like the boys enjoyed themselves! Denver did have one of those yogurt places, but it went out of business. There are a lot of them in California - our favorite is Yogurtland. It's right down the street from my mom's house and we always take the kids for a walk to get one, or two, or three :)
We have a yogurtland in Denver. Just FYI.
Post a Comment