Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving in Albuquerque

We went to Albuquerque, NM for Thanksgiving because it was middle ground for family. We were all able to travel about equal distance. The drive down was really windy and we got terrible gas mileage. The kids were good and we didn't have to stop much so we made good time though. We almost ran out of gas on the pass. We were in no-man's land. Exit after exit had signs that read "no services available," but we did sputter into a gas station eventually. Phew!

The house we rented had a play set in the backyard. One of those wooden ones with a two-story fort with a slide. There was a swing thingo that held two kids at a time facing back to back, like a two sided rocking horse. The kids loved it. The first day we were there Paul and Caleb were on it for a while laughing and having a good time, when I heard screaming. Caleb was hanging on to one side like he was falling off a horse, and every time it swung his head was hitting a 4X4 post that held the two-story fort. I went running across the yard and before I could get there the swing had gone back and forth a couple more times. It was sickening to watch and not be able to get there fast enough. Poor Caleb had a three open wounds. One on his temple, one next to his eye, and another along his jaw. It didn't take long for the bruising and swelling to follow. I felt so bad for him.

I have a problem. I am confessing...I can't keep track of important things like cameras and keys. I am constantly misplacing them. I am currently missing my car keys. They have been missing for a couple weeks now, and of course I couldn't find my camera while we were in New Mexico. It turned up the last night we were there. They appeared out of thin air; I swear. Hence, I don't have many pictures. All in all it was a relaxing vacation, and it is always fun to spend time with family.

Paul, Caleb, Maisy, Emmy

1 comment:

Crafty Momma said...

Which way did you go? did you stop in Farmington at all? unfortunately we went to Utah for thanksgiving and that would have been fun to see you guys!