Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm So Glad When Grandpa Comes!

Pat's dad came to visit a couple weeks ago and we had a good time. We went to the zoo, which Paul loves. We are still trying to figure out what Paul is talking about occasionally. He'll be ranting and raving about something and I'll catch most of the words, but the subject is sometimes sketchy. It took me a long time to figure out the zoo one. He'd often say something like, "Let's go amals." It wasn't until we were out and about with a friend that they thought he was saying "animals." Another one is, "In In the box." He'll also say "game" with the box comment. So I'd go to the closet with the board games and tell him to show me what he's talking about. Then the tantrum starts. Well, in Lacrosse the crowd shouts "GET IN THE BOX" when an apposing team member goes into the penalty box. He's been asking to go to a Lacrosse game. OOOhhhhh, got it. I enjoy figuring out what he is trying to say. However, Paul doesn't seem to care for it. He gets frustrated when I don't respond appropriately. One I haven't figured out yet is Paul will point to the top of the frig and say something, but I can't remember what it is at the moment. Next time he says it I'll write it down and see if my blog friends can help me out.

While Pat's dad was here we also went to the Train Museum. Paul was in Hog Heaven.

Paul was pretending to drive this train. It had a bell you could ring by pulling an overhead rope. That was his favorite part.

It was a pretty cold day, and since trains do nothing for me, and Caleb is too young to care, we just kept each other warm. I just want to eat those chubby cheeks!

2 comments:

netcampbell said...

Caleb looks a lot like you in this picture. Ty and Paul have to get together and play with the train again.

Amy Hall said...

My nephew is almost 2 and is not quite ready for normal words but he will tell the best stories with his jibberish. My brother will jibber back to him in a question form and my nephew will say, "NO!" He gets so frustrated that my brother just doesn't understand. It is funny!