Caleb is 5 months! It is going by much faster the second time around. I am sure that would be a consistent comment for all second children. Luckily for me, Caleb is an easy going, happy little guy. Paul has always been a little more tough. I am trying to enjoy it day by day, but we all know that kids are a lot of work. Paul and I have been butting heads a lot lately, and I think I finally came to the conclusion that the remedy will take an attitude adjustment on my end. I've always known that taking him outside will redirect his focus and his whining and crying will cease. However, lately I have found that outside is a very short fix. I think the other half of the problem is me. I would love to blame it all on someone else, but there it is. I am trying to focus on the good aspects of Paul's age; it's a work in progress. Patience is a virtue I wish I had more of. I know the day I send him off to school will be a difficult day so here are some things that I do love about my two year old:
I love his hugs and kisses
He misses me when I'm away
He's glad when I come back
Watching popcorn pop is exciting
His animal noises make me laugh
He forgives easily
He never tires of rocks and sticks
He loves helping me put on makeup
The look on his face when I sit and play with him
How tall he sits when he knows he's done something well
I sure do love him despite any quarrels we have. The majority of this post is about Paul, but I don't have any pictures of him on the new computer, so here are a couple of 5 month pics of Caleb.
9 comments:
so glad you got a new computer, honestly i feel lost without one now. remember just a few years ago when we didn't have the internet in our college rented rooms, and that didn't bother us? those days are long gone!
caleb is adorable, how fun! love the things you wrote about paul too, you have a great outlook, and are a great mom - it shows :)
I LOVE those big eyes! Cute boys in your family. I hope Pauls difficult stage doesn't last too long.....good luck.
You are so right, it goes by much faster the second time. At least for me it does. I'm glad you have a new computer, I missed your blog updates!! Welcome back :) Cute pictures!!
I too am glad you are back. It is fun following your little family via your blog. I am sorry Paul is frustrating you, but I must tell you I had to reread your post twice, and here is why. The first time I read it (and perhaps it was because I've had sick kids, which equals very little sleep), when you wrote "Paul and I have been butting heads a lot lately...." I read "Pat" instead of "Paul" and I was seriously confused. I thought, wow she is very forthcoming about their marriage struggles, and then I thought, hmmm, perhaps I read that wrong, because I doubt Pat would allow her to put him outside to cool off. It made me giggle. And now I know I have nearly lost my mind!
You're such a good mom! :)
I had the same problem with Tommy when Jane came. It was so hard not to get super frustrated with everything that he did. It wasnt because he was any different, but because I needed an adjustment.I would suggest just making an effort to play for 10 min a day on anything he wants. That made me love him again and he knew it. Things really realaxed after that.
Congrats on the new computer. I'm sure that's a relief. Susan, you are a great mom and I'm always impressed with your patience, so I don't know what you're talking about :) Those pics are really cute, too. I would love to see a picture of you after Paul helps you with your makeup :)
Yay for the new computer. I miss those updates on your blog, but I'm not one to talk, because it takes me forever to update and my computer works fine. :)
Your boys are so darn cute, and I think you are a great & fun mommy! I think that 2 is just a hard age. I am experiencing the same thing myself with kendall. I do think it's a little tougher though when you have a small baby on top of it! Hang in there!
Let's for sure go to the zoo next week. The kids have spring break.
Sorry about your computer troubles, that would make me crazy! You are really good about stepping back and seeing the big picture. It helps me be a better mom too, because I'm not very good at that. Thanks for reminding me about why 2 isn't so bad! And Caleb is adorable, as usual.
Post a Comment