
I ran a 10K (6.2 miles) on Memorial Day with some friends. It was a lot of fun. My main motivation for running it was to lose the last of the baby weight while training, and I am happy to announce the baby weight is off! However, my shirts will have to sit in the closet for a few more months. I am still a little top heavy. The last couple pounds don't count when you're still nursing though right? :)
I took the race at a pretty leisurely jog averaging a 10 minute mile. My overall time was 63 minutes putting me in 19,782th place! Wow, that sounds pretty pathetic doesn't it? But out of over 50,000 people... I am just glad I did it, and that my end goal was met.
I thought these stats about the BolderBoulder were kind of fun:
-It's the 2nd biggest race in the US
-5th biggest in the world
-Over 50,000 runners and 150,000 spectators
-It's at 5,300 feet making it an altitude challenge
-It's 31 years running
5 comments:
Way to go!!!!
Wow, that is great. I am trying to train for the Bix here which is a 7 mile run in July. We will see. You are motivating me though:)
You are so awesome! I hate running so much that I don't know how I would ever train for a marathon..but that post baby weight sure is a great motivation ;) You look great! I miss the cherry creek trail where most of the terrian is fairly flat...here there are hills upon hills! Aghhh! I miss you!
So cool. That is a HUGE race! Wow! Nice work.
congrats! you are my hero! at that altitude, i am sure your pace wasn't that leisurely! :)
Post a Comment