Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Crawling Caleb
This video is a couple weeks old, and Caleb seems to make daily progress, but here is a video of Caleb's crawling abilities at 6 1/2 months. Caleb seems to be ahead of the game a little bit. He has been doing milestone activities earlier than most babies his age. I don't think it has anything to do with what I am doing; I think it's just his personality. He watches Paul alot. I was actually hoping he'd take his time and I could just enjoy him being a baby because I remember being so anxious for Paul to hit his next milestone. This time around I wanted to let Caleb do it when he was ready. Part of me wishes he wasn't quite ready yet. This morning I was watching Caleb pucker his lips and make kissy noises. So I kissed him and then he did it again. I then started to say, "kisses" and then he'd pucker up and I'd kiss him. He did it several times in a row. It surprises me how much Caleb understands, and how fast babies pick up on things. It's going by too fast this time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
No way! I think it is the 2nd child. My cousin's 2nd daughter is the same way...always one step ahead of where she 'should' be for her age. I think it is the desire to keep up with the older brother or sister!
He is so darn happy! I love his little smile!
Susan you have such a sweet mommy voice when you are encouraging Caleb. What lucky boys to have such a great mom. It was so good to see you on Fri. It's been a long time. We will have to get together again so we can talk more.
GO Caleb!! Tessa was cheering him on too, just yelling at the video the whole time.
Love the kisses story, he's so smart! Kids always surprise me how smart they are so early.
he is so cute! love the video! miss you guys.
It is so fun to catch those moments on video! He is so cute!
Go Caleb, go! That's impressive! I think he needs to give Kathryn a lesson :)
He is a little "smartie fartie" for sure. I can't get over the fact that he pulls himself up to stand already. He seems to love to watch and study, and I think he is always figuring out how to do what he sees others doing. What a cutie!
Cute video! I can't believe how big he is already! Cora was ahead of Claire on all of the physical milestones (ie. crawling, walking, etc.), but Claire spoke a bit before Cora had and her vocabulary was well more advanced than Cora's was at the same age. I do think that had to do with her being around an older sibling.
Post a Comment