Monday, June 20, 2011

"Sit on that potty and go poopoo Caleb."

"Sit on that potty and go poopoo Caleb" is what I hear Paul saying in an authoritative voice. I come around the corner a few minutes later after some other bossy remarks made by Paul, and this is what I find:

So I was feeling rather generous the other day because Paul was having a rough day. I promised Paul I would take him to ChuckECheese if he was good during our errands. While we are at the store Caleb poops his pants for the forth day in a row. I take him the restroom to clean him up and somehow end up with a big smear of poop on my pants. I loose my patience and storm everyone home. Paul has crocodile tears for the 3rd time that morning because we are no longer going to ChuckECheese. I promise the kids I will take them to ChuckECheese when Caleb can successfully poop in the potty.

Paul was so determined to go to ChuckeCheese that he kept demanding that Caleb sit himself on that potty and GO. The good big brother that he is blocked his escape and read him stories. Caleb finally went poop while Paul was reading, but it was unfortunately bedtime. Paul was fuming when I told him it was too late in the day to go. I had to rearrange my schedule the next day to fit ChuckECheese in. Caleb hasn't pooped in his pants since. He keeps thinking it will reward him another trip to ChuckECheese...

6 comments:

the Gardners said...

That is just awesome! Don't you love Big brothers and sisters! My niece potty trained her younger sister the same way, too.

Amy Hall said...

This made me laugh so hard!!!! Think Paul can come work with Noah just a bit? I'll take him to Chuck E Cheese! I promise! :)

Dannenbergs said...

Anyone know who the Gardners are? Their blog is private and I can't figure it out.

Becca said...

Too funny. maybe I will have to see if that will work in our family:)

Jessica said...

I'm laughing out loud, what a hoot! Sorry about Caleb's accidents, but hopefully Paul (and Chuckee) have it under control now.

Amy Hall said...

Hey there...I was just looking at old blog entries and I noticed that you asked who the Gardners are....I think it is Michelle Mollenhauer from Philmont. Her married last name is Gardner and she has a private blog.....Just a thought.