Wednesday, December 11, 2013

No More Pacifier Camille

I sent Camille to her room after she colored on my dining table. Later, she was scolded and made to scrub the table. This, I suppose had no affect on her because shortly after, I caught her coloring the dining table chairs. I had tried so hard to keep my calm the first go-around. The second time, well, I was angry. I reacted rash and immaturely. I took all her pacifiers and threw them in the trash. Very mature, I know. I am not proud of it. I understand that the punishment had no direct relation to the "crime," but I wanted, in the moment, to affect her and I knew the pacifiers would affect her. We had been trying to take them away for a while with no real success. I blew my top and then there was weeping and wailing and thrashing.

A week later she discovered the tylenol bottle was an acceptable alternative. She sucks on this empty medicine bottle all the time. I know that I need throw it away, but she'll just find something else to suck on and I don't want it to be her thumb. What do I do?


Camille's new pacifier.





I love this girl's enthusiasm.

Smile!

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

I'm glad to know that other moms have "moments" too. I have had a few doozies lately. *sigh*