Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Quiet Moments Have a Price
Amidst my fatigue, nausea, and constant hunger Paul keeps me on my toes. The other night Pat and I had a laugh as we were getting into bed. Paul enjoys shredding toilet paper, and if he has a roll of toilet paper he'll make little shreds and stick them into the center roll. It's as if we have a pet mouse. During the day a quiet moment usually means Paul is into something. However, I haven't been feeling well so I just sit and enjoy the peace and know that I will unfortunately have to clean a mess up in the other room later. He often gets into my make-up drawer or empties the cupboard under the sink. That is the price of a few quiet moments, and that right now seems to be worth it. So as we were climbing into bed Pat turned on our box fan that we sleep to and a puff of shredded toilet paper came blowing out of the fan. We looked at each other and just laughed. My first thought was, where did he get the toilet paper from? My second thought was, that must have been what he was doing earlier when he was quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ha ha!! There are so many moments when it is way too quiet and the kids must be up to something but that moment of quiet is so worth cleaning up whatever they did. And I'm not even pregnant. At least you are justified. Oh...and we sleep with a fan too. I have to.
Congrats on baby #2! Sorry to hear you are sick. Let us know when you head up to Boise and we can get together for dinner! Fun blog!
Anastasia likes toilet paper too. She will blow her nose (or attempt it) with it and she is also still figuring out how to pull off just a little bit off the roll. Usually I have to break it. I think you are awfully calm about all Paul's messes and that is to be praised. The nausea will hopefully pass soon!
Too funny! I think that's one of the rules of parenting, if you want peace and quiet you will pay for it. What a nice suprise Paul left for you!
Paul always makes me laugh! I might have to use that sprinkle idea.
Hey! Can I tell you how excited I was to have another Philmont friend write! I opened our blog today and there were two comments! Yahoo!!!! The funny thing about our blog, I set it up for our families and they never check it:) So comments are rare. Scott and I will be in Denver in April. I don't know the dates. Maybe we can all get together for dinner. I let you know closer to when we know for sure if we will be there.
Good to hear from you!
Amy Ray
Ps...Do make the brownies and enjoy them!
I know those quiet moments all too well...And what stories come from them...Hang in there. Pretty soon it will be Paul holding the baby while you have your back turned ;)
Those moments make you remember just how much you love your kids! How funny! I love Paul.
That is so funny. I love quiet moments.
Post a Comment