Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yeah for the Big 2-0!

Paul is finally 20 pounds! I am excited that the carseat he's been riding in for 9 months is finally 'safe.' Paul's growth curve has always been below the chart. Most kids I think hover at 19 pounds and finally hit 20 pounds close to or right after their first birthday. Paul just hovered at 18 for a year. It has taken him 9 months to get those 2 other pounds. People will ask things like. "So, is he getting really big? Don't they grow so fast?" To me it seems like he's been the same size for a year. I am getting tired of some of his clothes that I wish he'd hurry and grow out of. He is finally starting to get too tall for some of his 12 month pants. I am afraid he will always be short though because of the genes, and his little feet still fit into size 3 shoes. It makes it a little hard to shop for clothes a season ahead, but I think most moms run into similar dilemas. All kids grow at their own pace, and not all brands are created equal.
We sure do love our little stinker bug. Congratulations Paul! We're proud of you!

9 comments:

CathiWix said...

Didn't realize Paul was so petite. His personality makes up for his size. Maybe he should live in France, they are all petite over there! Congratulations to Paul!

danberg said...

Does that mean the sprinkles work really really well? :) He is such a busy one he works off any food he actually eats. He is so cute though, I would take an active kid over one that needs me to keep them entertained all the time.

Amber said...

I long for the days when putting on pounds was celebrated. Seriously though, he is adorable, all 20 pounds of him!

Mel said...

hooray for growing up and getting bigger! way to go paul!

Tracy Giles said...

I'm so glad that someone else understands what it is like to actually have a very small child. Lily wore a skirt the other day that is 9 months and she's 2 1/2. I am so excited for Paul! That is a big deal!!! I think Lily was about 19 months when she finally hit 20lbs. I am just so glad that I have a friend who understands!!! We should start a club or something.

Mandi said...

Congrats Paul :) He is so cute!

The Allens said...

Good job Paul! I'm glad you guys are living so close by now!

Crafty Momma said...

yea! When you wait so long it is a big deal! I know paul is such a little guy and I'm glad to see him reaching these points in his growth! It is so true that every child grows at there own pace! Delia is so long that pants will usually fit her waist but they will be too short! Especially her footed pajamas..sheesh! anyway I glad for you, it wiil be fun too see how your second one is ;)

Amber said...

Hey I just found your blog and I'm so glad! Your little Paul is so super cute. We have the opposite problem at our house. Our Eliza can only wear stretch pants because jeans won't fit over her thighs. I'm glad to see you doing so well!