
I wonder if my son is going to survive his childhood. This poor little kid sure does know how to bite the dust. When he gets hurt it's disastrous.
This evening Paul was running around the house with a cell phone charger around his waist pretending he had a tail. He thought it was so funny that the cord followed him. He kept saying, "monkey tail monkey tail, oh oh ah ah." It was really cute until he tripped and smacked his head against the wall. When he got up a little bit I noticed blood on the wall. He had somehow split the back of his head open on the flat surface of the wall. He was close to the corner, but it didn't look like he hit the corner. Pat and I rushed him to the bathroom where we tried to examine the damage. It was bleeding so much that it was hard to see anything through his hair. I have not seen so much blood in my life. We were able to temporarily stop the bleeding by convincing Paul that the ace bandage head wrap was a hat. I was so thankful Pat happened to come home in between work meetings. We rushed him to the ER where he got three staples to the back of his head. It was a little tramatic for him, but I think he'll survive. Here is a picture of him after the ordeal. He was in pain, and no longer happy about the hat the hospital put back on him.
12 comments:
Oh my goodness, poor Paul! That is lucky that Pat was home. Maybe Paul needs to wear a helmet 24/7! :)
That's what my mom said. He might be getting a helmet for Christmas.
Oh! Poor little guy! The only reason I was worried about my son surviving childhood was that I was going to strangle him...luckily he grew out of it and maybe Paul will too. Now Nora on the other hand...
Sorry, That was me, not Clarke. I didn't realize until it was too late that I was not under my name.
Warning! Unrelated blog comment
Sorry it has taken so long to respond to your question on my blog about "Sarah's Key". The answer to your question is yes. It is a really good book! I hope you read it.
poor kid! some boys are just destined to have a million scars on their head, lets just hope he never decides to shave his head as a teenager! glad he's surviving! i wonder if caleb will share his talent?
That's awful!! Poor kid! I was talking to Brent Jones on the phone the other day and he said that you guys were going to the hospital, he was thinking it was to have a baby, I was confused and told him you guys had your baby a few weeks ago. Now it makes sense, Pat was taking Paul to the hospital. Childhood is so rough. He still looks really cute in his "hat".
Poor Paul! You are good at being calm and just taking care of things. Hope he gets feeling better soon. You might want to add full body pads to that helmet for Christmas! :)
Poor kid! I am so sorry! I hope he is doing ok now! I hope he is a tummy sleeper! I guess if he wasn't before, he probably is now!!!
Paul is all boy that's for sure! I'm sure he doesn't like wearing the head bandage, but he sure looks cute. I'm glad that he is doing ok. You guys just need padded walls for a couple more years. :)
it is very funny how similar this picture looks to Carson's. I think they have the exact same look! Paul, bless his heart, I love him so much.
Post a Comment