Sunday, January 11, 2009

Caleb's Blessing



Caleb had his blessing while we were in Boise. The bottom picture is of him on his blessing day. We are so thankful for his sweet, calm demeanor and we love that his spirirt was entrusted to us to raise.

More posts that include our holidays are to come when I get some pictures. I didn't take any. I have become that mom that has no pictures of the second kid. I think I am still getting used to the added responsibility. That or I am just lazy. My goal by the end of this month is to take tons of pictures, and to get Caleb to sleep through the night. We are still struggling through 2-3 feedings a night. I started to read Baby Wise. It worked with Paul and I expect it to do the same for Caleb. It's just hard to let Caleb cry himself to sleep in an apartment with a toddler that needs sleep too. I can't imagine how those one room hut people do it, (IT, being sleep and life in general) but we all seem to work with what we have and we all get through. Wish us luck.

7 comments:

Amber said...

He looks like such a happy baby. Sorry we missed you! I'm not sure if Pat told you what I was doing, but I am in a freezer meal group and it was my month to host. So I was shopping for for 18 meals for 6 families. It was madness (but having all those prepared meals in my freezer is amazing!). Anyway, I do hope you guys will be back in Boise next month. Let me know dates so I can plan to have you over for dinner!

Amy Hall said...

Hello!
Thanks for the comment on the blog! We are super excited and the sickness is finally gone.....around week 15.
Caleb looks so big already! He is precious!
Hope Paul is adjusting to being a big brother:).

Heather said...

He's smiling for the camera with his eyes open now. He is just darling.

Jessica said...

Good luck with baby wise. I am conviced that sleep is the key to happiness... well it sure makes life easier to handle anyway! Caleb's adorable.

Jennifer Groves said...

Caleb looks like a little man in that adorable outfit. Baby wise worked like a charm for my kids, but I understand how hard it is with your oldest needing sleep too. I was lucky that my kids slept like rocks, and the crying didn't seem to wake them up. Good luck.

danberg said...

good luck! i hated the crying to sleep thing, but a good solid routine at bed time helped with Emmy. i love babywise, i swear its the best. and if he can learn it with naps, that will help too.

we got your package, and thank you so much! i am the worst procrasinator, and haven't mailed yours yet. I am sorry for being a loser!!! i will do it tomorrow, promise! Emmy love love loves the playdough, it is her favorite thing!

Crafty Momma said...

I am sure it's hard having a second one because there are things you can't/won't do that you did with your first. A whole new experience I'll bet. As much as I want another one I am waiting until I and delia are ready to take on the challenges that will face us with another addition. I'm sure you're doing great! You're such a good mom! He is so so cute! Good luck. BTW: I tagged you on my blog!! (if you have the time ;)