Saturday, January 24, 2009

Candy Fiend

This morning we broke out the big boy undies, set the timer for every 30 minutes, put some Skittles in a dish for reward treats, put some toy rewards out for the poop accomplishments, and I felt ready to tackle our first all day potty training episode. I was prepared to have several soiled undies and a few tantrums, but it has evolved differently than I anticipated. Paul went through almost the entire package of Skittles in the first hour! I have a candy fiend. Not that I was unaware of his obsession for sweets, but this is a little ridiculous. As soon as he swallowed the Skittle in his mouth he got back up on the toilet and squeezed out a few more drops. There were a couple occasions where he didn't even leave the bathroom before he climbed back up on the toilet and then asked for more candy. So now the worry of soiled undies are no longer the concern; getting Paul to eat anything but Skittles today has become my new concern. I hope the novelty of the situation wears off before the end of the day.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh that's too funny! He's no dummy. I was wondering today how you keep kids potty trained after you take away the reward... let me know how it goes. :)

Emily said...

Ha ha, that is so funny. He's such a smart kid. I hope the potty training is still going well.