Monday, May 11, 2009

Green Thumb



Denver has a program called Denver Urban Gardens, and there are little community gardens around Denver where people can rent out some land for the year and plant a garden. There is a little garden just down the street from our apartment so we decided to exercise our green thumb and do a veggie garden this year. We spent most of last Saturday pulling weeds, turning in fertilizer, and preparing our seeds. It was fun to spend time as a family. Someday we'll have one in our backyard, but I am so excited to be able to do this while we're still in an apartment. Can you tell what Caleb was enjoying? He really wasn't on the ground too long though because there were so many goatheads. Anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of them?

2 comments:

Amy Hall said...

I love that you are community gardening!!!!

Emily said...

That's so fun that you guys are doing this. I love the pic of Pat and Paul-too cute!