Friday, May 8, 2009
Just Kidding, Not Salmonella
I just got off the phone with our Pediatrician. They received the further results from the cultures done on Paul while at the hospital. After a more extensive study the lab determined that it was E Coli and not Salmonella. However, after doing a little online reading they have very similar symptoms. There are a couple differences like the incubation period for E Coli has a much broader time frame. So most people show signs 3-4 days after they're infected, but can show signs anywhere between 1-10 days. The long term possible side effects also differ(very scary so I don't want to dwell), but the general run of the course illness is the same. They are both passed from feces contaminated food and they both are no fun to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Either way, it is was yucky and scary and I am glad it is over! :) This makes me want to live in a bubble sometimes...I know that is not possible! :)
Have a nice Mother's Day weekend!
wow! glad you are through that! Happy Mother's Day! Hope you have a great weekend!
EWWWW! E Coli sounds yuckier! Glad you are doing better. Happy Mother's Day as well!
Wow, Susan, how scary! I"m glad you all are feeling better and hope that Paul has a speedy recovery!
WOW!! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. You'll have to fill me in when I get back. From the pictures above it looks like Paul is feeling better.
Post a Comment