Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Blank Canvas

So here is my front room furniture that I plan on reupholstering. I have not many decorations for this room so I have a blank canvas to work with. I am pretty sure I want grays and light blues. I have been pinteresting to find the right fabric. I will see a fabric I like at the store and then I'll see something similar on a chair and it will look different than I want. I am having a hard time imagining the finished product.




Here are my current inspiration pictures:
I like this pattern, but I was thinking in a light blue.



Or I could go grey and put colored pillows on it. What would you do blue or grey? I have a couch to think about too that I don't want to be matchy matchy, and grey seems the best fit for the couch...I think.



I also like the green as an accent color. Ahh my canvas is too blank. I am having fits. I can't decide.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Home decorating stresses me out too. It's something we want to do well, so it looks nice and makes us happy but it's hard to know what you like until you see it. And if you're like me, you can't afford to redo it if you don't like it... so the pressure is on! But, I feel like the more I do it the easier it gets and the more confident I become... slowly.
Anyway, not sure if you are seeking opinions but I love the furniture you choose, it has great shape! I would do gray for the upholstery or any neutral color, just because if your taste (or mood) changes then you can just recover your pillows instead of a whole sofa! I once bought green sofas with floral pipping, I LOVED them at the time, but 3 years later I was sick of them. Good luck, I can't wait to see it when you're done!

Tracy Giles said...

The great thing about the colors you've chosen is they are all in right now, so you can pretty much find accents pieces in those colors just about anywhere. Have fun decorating!