Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Texas truly had the greatest weather all winter long. I can see why people come and never leave. Here are a few things we did this last winter:

Horseback Riding. All of my kids enjoy horses. I am uneasy around horses.
They make me uncomfortable.
  
Roasting marshmallows in the backyard.

Camille loves Mr. Potato Head!

Trip to ChuckECheese with our friends. Camille and Sophie are just at the age
 when you start interactive play with other kids. It has been fun watching
 these two come of age of sorts.

Caleb and Mason are good buddies. I am so glad they live just across the
street!

Did I mention he likes horses?

Here is Camille licking the syrup drips off the side of the syrup container. 

They built a house on the lot next to us this winter, and the construction
guys are not careful about cleaning up after themselves. Camille tripped and
landed on a stray lag screw outside. She had a pretty good black eye for a
while. I am grateful that it didn't actually get her eye. There is still a knot
under the skin where it happened.

Camille showing me some stickers she found in the
bathroom...

We took a trip to Baton Rouge to visit grandpa. We went to the New Orleans
 zoo. This is Caleb pretending he is an alligator hunter.

Go Caleb!

At the New Orleans zoo

The kids helping dad do yard work.

We went camping a few times over the winter at the scout camps. One of
the things the kids like to do is play on the pirate ships. They are two stories
 high and they have catapults on the tops. Endless fun.


1 comment:

liz said...

I love all the updates and it makes me miss you even more. I can't believe that you and Tracey have moved on. There is a big part of me that is still in denial....sigh. Oh, and P.S. you look really great.