


Pat's birthday is right before Christmas, so we ended up exchanging Christmas gifts on his birthday just before we flew to Louisiana. The day before his birthday I tried to make a Pecan Pie. It is what Pat wanted instead of cake. It is my first attempt at making it by myself (I guess I had Paul's help, but he just wanted to put the bowl on his head). I had the oven at the wrong temperature and scorched it. As far as I was concerned the top looked like the inside of a chimney. It was the thought that counted though. The next morning I arranged a little scavenger hunt for Pat to find his hidden birthday gifts. I had a good time watching him try to think through the clues. Paul was occupied with the balloons we blew up for daddy. In the evening we exchanged Christmas gifts. Paul loves his car and tunnel. It was so fun to see Paul get excited about ripping the paper open. It is always nice to have things around the house that keep a little kid occupied for an extended amount of time. Paul could climb in and out of that car all day long. Thanks Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment