Monday, May 5, 2008

Summertime Here We Come!

Well, I am happy to say our camera has been found! Not that I announced it was missing, but it was and there have been a few recent events that I would have loved to document with photos. Paul has another head wound. A friend of his threw a heavy object in his direction which struck his forehead. It bled a lot! I know that head wounds by nature bleed a lot so I tried to stay calm, but my phone was out of order at the time. And I didn't want to be alone in case I did need a phone so I ran to a friend's house. Everything turned out fine. In fact, the cut is tiny compared to how much it bled. Paul didn't seem to be bothered by it and played as normal, which reopened it a few times. I tried a steri strip, but Paul just picked it off. I have come to find out in the last couple weeks that Paul doesn't like anything stuck to him: bandaids, stickers, rice crispy treats, etc.

We went down to the boy scout camp on Saturday to help the new director (we are not going back this summer:) get oriented. It was nice to be down there before all the campers arrived. Paul enjoyed his time in the dirt and rocks, and I am sure he wouldn't mind being there all summer again, but am I glad to have an open summer. We purchased summer passes to the wark park, we're taking a trip to Disney World, going camping a few times, and even taking a couple trips to Boise for some weddings. I am very excited for this summer.

I will be pregnant through all of it, but I am hoping the sickness wears off soon so I can enjoy it more easily. Yes, I am still not feeling well. I have to be careful what I do and eat in the evenings or I am miserable. I am hoping it will all go anyway in two weeks time when we leave for Disney. As far as I am concerned the sickness should have been gone weeks ago so I am a little bitter. Oh well, such is life, and I am still looking forward to the warm weather.

9 comments:

The Wanbergs said...

Sounds like your summer is already packed, and it's not even Memorial Day yet. How fun! Maybe we can all go camping together once this summer, since you and I will both be pregnant, and pretty slow hikers.;)

Jessica said...

Poor Paul, he's so accident prone! Luckily he's very resilient!! Sounds like you will have a fun summer, it's only up from last summer right? :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Disney! That is one of my favorite places in the world. I imagine with a little one it will be even more magical!
amy

The Allens said...

I hope you get feeling better soon too. What a fun summer to look forward to! Paul's head is looking a lot better. He's such a funny kid.

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you guys get a free summer! Sarah is the same way with bandaids, stickers, and tape...they really bug her. I'm sorry to hear that you're still sick - at least you know that you won't have to deal with all 9 months of sickness (not that it's easy to stay positive when you're kneeling over the toilet...). I hope the icky stuff tapers off soon!

Jennifer Groves said...

You are going to have such a fun summer. Even if the sickness lingers a bit, you will look back and remember your fun trip to Disney. I can't wait to take my kids one day! I do hope that you get to feeling better very soon though. We sure miss you guys.

Heather said...

What a fun summer! You should feel better soon. If you dont, you should get some pills from your doctor to help you get through it. They really do help. Have fun at disney land this summer. And yeah for no scout camp.

Amber said...

Let us know when you guys will be in Boise. We would love to have you over for dinner and we would love to meet your little one!

CathiWix said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, although it is good from the sense that you have a lot of the hormone that keeps you from miscarrying...Hope it stops soon.

Paul is so cute. I really look forward to reading about his adventures. I think he looks taller than he was at Christmas!

Was that Grandma's brush on your side or on the Dannenberg side?!