
One of my favorite treats are snow cones. It can't be just any ol' shaved ice either (Icee and big chunks of ice cones don't make the cut). Growing up in Boise there were snow cone shacks everywhere, and it was heavenly. Once I moved away from Boise I haven't come across a city that compares. Rexburg, ID for example is colder than Siberia, and not many people crave snow cones when they have frost bite. Hence, there was no shack. While living in Provo, UT I did find a snow cone shack in Lindon, (a neighboring city) but I wanted one every other trip to the grocery store a block away. Here in Denver I have yet to see a snow cone shack. They do sell snow cones at The Rockies games and at the Rodeo, but for an arm and leg. I want a snow cone shack for a song and a dance just around the corner. When I was pregnant with Paul snow cones were my #1 craving, and we'd have to go to a Baseball game in order to get one.
So, at the beginning of this summer Paul and I took a trip to Boise and every day we were there we had a snow cone. (I forgot my camera while we were there and that's why there isn't a post before now) My favorite shack in Boise sold flower looking cup holders for kids, and they work great for keeping spills down. Anyway, here is a picture and a video of Paul trying to get the last few drops of his snow cone from his cup to his mouth. On the trip we took to Boise last week the shacks were closed for the winter. :(
3 comments:
The next time you are Vernal, Utah (I know you come through so often) and it is summer, we have best Snow Cone Shack!!!!!! It will be my treat:)!
I can't get the video to work but I'm sure it's very funny :)
The video won't work for me either. Why didn't I think of snow cones while I was pregnant in the summer!! I will have to put that one on my list next time! Mom's and dad's are great at trying to make us feel better aren't they? ;)
Post a Comment