Monday, November 23, 2009

What Is It With Public Bathrooms?

What is it with 3 year olds and their fascination with public bathrooms? I have a new found disgust with them since Paul whenever we're out 'needs' to go (I guess it could be worse; he doesn't go in his pants while we're out). But trying to keep your 1 year old from picking up crumbs off the floor and touching the sanitation trash can and trying to help your 3 year old from falling into the toilet and aiming simultaneously can be exasperating. The other day we were at McDonald's letting the kids get their wiggles out on the playground and Paul needed to go to the bathroom - goody. The aiming part didn't go so well. As I'm yelling at Paul to stop peeing he's trying to aim it back into the toilet. Before he could figure it out he had soaked himself (underwear, pants, socks, shoes) not to mention me, the wall and the floor. It was such a mess. Being the responsible adult that I am we walked out and went home. :) I know what you're thinking, why didn't you at least tell one of the workers? My response is I don't know. All I wanted to do was get out of there. If it had been my own house I would have cleaned the entire bathroom. I know I am not the first to have an experience like this, and it is disgusting to think about.

5 comments:

Amy Hall said...

Is this what I have to look forward to with Noah? :)

My cousin has a little girl and it is not much easier. She tells the funniest story (well, it was funny to me!) of her using the bathroom while her two year old announces, "Me go potty!" Her daughter goes to the little kid toilet in the 'mommy bathroom stall'. My cousin said before she could finish and get her own pants up, her daughter has pulled her pants down, sat on the toilet, bottom in the water, peed on her pants and on the toilet and the floor! :) I think these kind of stories are God's way of reminding us to not take life too seriously! :)

Becca said...

I don't know why they like public restrooms so much. My daugther always waited until we got somewhere to go potty. I too dislike public restrooms even more now! Kids...they sure keep life interesting and busy.

Lani said...

I'm glad you found my blog! This story is so funny! I for one have always hated public restrooms, and I don't even have to take kids in them yet...

danberg said...

Emmy is obsessed too. I hate it, especially gross ones like our Walmart. She has learned, cause I yell it at her, not to touch ANYTHING! I always think 'what are the other people in this restroom thinking as they listen to me scold my 2 year old for touching the toliet?' Man, I hope those sharing our restrooms have had kids so they understand and don't think about calling CPS. :)

the Gardners said...

lol! My mom always joked about putting a bullseye on the bottom of the toilet to help my brothers aim...then she found out someone stole her idea! I was debating on looking for it when Tyrus started potty training, but discovered cheerios work pretty good and best of all you can take them anywhere with you. A big problem we had with our 3 year old is after our August vacation to AZ (where we were driving a ton and often just had to pull over and let him pee on the side of the road out in the middle of no-where) he thought it was okay to pee everywhere outside, in the garage, on his preschool playground, he even tried to chase a spider along the side of our house (talk about aim practice)....That took a good month or 2 to fix! (although it was very humourous at times) Boys will be boys!