Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas Cajun Style



We had a great Christmas in Baton Rouge, LA. I always love being with family. We did a myriad of fun things. We visited Granmommy almost everyday. The kids enjoyed teasing the dog and playing outside. I had some free time with Pat there to entertain Paul while Caleb napped. I think that was my favorite part. I got my first tick while walking around a civil war battlefield. I didn't even leave the hiking trail. I don't even recall brushing up against anything and Ticks aren't even in season. I can only imagine what it would have been like for the men that camped out there when they WERE in season. EEWWW

We went to New Orleans a couple times, going to the Bug Zoo once while there. The kids loved it. They also loved our trip to Mississippi to visit Uncle Bill and Aunt Ann. They have a farm where the kids got to shoot guns and fish. Paul had the opportunity to ride the big tractor, but chickened out. I shot a 22 (my favorite type of gun) and did better than all the men. :) They all had turns with a new pistol Grandaddy bought. They were kids in a candy store. It was a great Christmas!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

What more do two little boys need than the Bug Zoo? Great pictures!

Amber said...

A tick. Ugh! O love to see the pictures of your adventures. I looks like you guys had such a fun Christmas.

Amber said...

Apparently I am illiterate. Please forgive the error-filled previous comment. I will chalk it up to lack of sleep.

Amy Hall said...

Looks like you had a great time! Yahoo for family!

Jessica said...

I am jealous you could play outside! The weather looked beautiful. I'm glad you were able to spend time with family. I didn't know you liked guns, way to go out shooting the guys! I think I'd do it if I could be that good.
We missed you guys over the holidays and are anxious to see you! You need to come over sometime soon.

danberg said...

Good times, wish we had been able to come. Great to see pics of the boys, they are so cute!