Some people were asking about us, and then some rumors started spreading that we were in the hospital. We are not in the hospital, but we have been sick AGAIN. It didn't seem that big of a deal at first, but this little bug is lingering.
We have been sick frequently over the last 9 months, and it's getting old. It's not just us; everyone we talk to here in Denver has the same story. It may be because last winter was warm and last summer was cool, but it's just a theory. A couple weeks ago I had a scratchy throat that turned into a cough. A week later Paul developed a cough and a fever. It felt like the Swine Flu all over again without the body aches. Caleb had a well baby check-up with immunizations and Paul wasn't getting better, so I made Paul a sick visit appt for the same time. My main worry for Paul was he stops eating when he gets sick. We thought an IV might be in store. Caleb woke up the morning of the appt with a cough and fever.
At the appt the doc examined Paul and told me the amount of liquid he was drinking (8oz/day) was enough for now and to give him another day a half to see if the fever would break. He said that a virus fever shouldn't last more than five days. On the sixth day the fever broke and Paul started eating. Yeah! A sigh of relief.
Caleb, on the other hand, was examined and wasn't in the clear according to the doc. He sent us home with a nebulizer and a prescription for Albuterol. I wasn't completely convinced that Caleb needed it, but a day and a half later he developed obvious wheezing and a croupy cough. We are doing regular breathing treatments with him, but he still has a fever. Monday will be day 5 for the fever so we're hoping the end will come by Tuesday. Paul still has a cough and I am guessing Caleb's will hang on for a while too. In the middle of all this mayhem I got food poisoning or a 24 hour bug that had me hanging over the toilet. And now Pat is coughing... Times like these make me appreciate when we are in good health.
We are not in hospital thank goodness.
7 comments:
:( LAME! Here's to everything clearing out by Tuesday. So not fun. Would you like some chicken noodle soup? I can make some...
wow that stinks. I can't wait for spring......This sickness can't last forever, right?
I'm sorry. You guys have had more than your fair share I think! We've got something too, but I don't think it's the same virus since Tessa has diarrhea and I definitely have body aches. I'm with Liz, can't wait for Spring!!
I'm glad things are on the mend now. It always scares me when you tell me Paul won't eat. That has to be hard. As soon as everyone is feeling better we would love to have a play date!
I hope you are feeling better!
Yikes. That sounds like the worst. I hope you are better by now.
yuck! i hope pat doesn't get really sick again, and poor sweet little caleb. nothing worse than sick little ones. hope you all get better soon :)
Post a Comment