Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I HATE SPIDERS!
I don't think I can communicate in words how much a loathe spiders. The other night we were in the kitchen putting groceries away when Pat yells, "Paul NO!" I wasn't sure what Paul had done because from my angle he was standing by the footstool minding his own. He was apparently playing with a very large spider. Pat, who grew up in the south, has a little better eye for types of spiders. He thought it looked like a big dangerous spider and reacted accordingly. I took Paul and put him to bed. Paul's bedroom and the kitchen share a wall and as I was reading Paul a story I could hear Pat banging around in the kitchen. After Paul was in his crib I went to check on Pat who was crouched over a very large dead spider with a big spoon his hand. It was amusing. Pat's comment was, "I found it." The spider had disappeared when I took Paul out of the kitchen, and our mighty hunter tracked it down. It was a black widow. When Pat told me that it was a black widow I was skeptical. Sure enough a very distinct red hourglass... Luckily Paul was not bitten. My first thought was spiders that big have babies! I hate spiders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yikes! That's scarey, good thing you have a mighty hunter around.
I LOATHE Spiders! Even the tiny ones. I love your blog. I think this is the first time I've seen it. I can't believe Paul is talking already not to mention counting. Mason just started both. Early talkers are so nice...less tantrums!
Yuck! I hate spiders too . . . I have only seen a black widow once in my life I think. I'm glad you were able to get rid of it :)
So Gross!!!! Ever since you have told me that story I have had a hard time sleeping at night. I keep thinking a black widow is going to crawl out from under the sheets while I am sleeping. How do you sleep at night????? I guess I'm not much help. I'm sure it didn't have babies. I think maintance can come and spray the apartment for you. So Scary!!!!!
I hate spiders too!!! During the first week we brought Delia home, we found 4 spiders in her room and 2 in ours!! I was so scared to put her in her room for fear that a spider might bite her. In the couple of months we have been here I have probably killed about 2 dozen or more spiders. During the first week we had Delia, the last spider I found in there (the 5th one i had seen) I was cleaning up her clothes I had piled to put them into her dresser and sure enough, a spider came scurrying out from underneath and into the closet before I could try to kill it. We have so many things piled in there, there was no way I was going to be able to find and kill it. So I had to leave it be. Needless to say, I am cautious every time I open her closet making sure a spider won't jump out it me. Yuck!!!
Post a Comment