Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hopefully we go home on Wed!

I never write on the blog but here it goes! Susan is doing pretty good. She didn't start using pain medicine until her uterus started to really shrink. She is not a fan of the pain. She is up and moving around pretty good. So good it is a complete surprise! Caleb seems to enjoy his new world. He does not cry much or loud. I am worried we won't wake up for his quiet whimpers. He is pretty cute though and still does not want to get out of the fetal position with his feet. The hands and arms are another story. They go everywhere! He holds up his head pretty well and is overall pretty strong. I have been pretty fortunate about being able to spend time with Susan. Work has been pretty understanding. It is unfortunately time to get back in the swing of things though. Susan's Mom came into town and has been a huge help. She will be around for a couple of weeks and I am extremely grateful that my father-in-law (Steve) has allowed us to borrow her. Susan and I have both been blessed with wonderful parents!


Below is a picture of Caleb getting his grove on!

Here is a picture of Paul being a good big brother! He is giving Caleb a good "honk honk" squeeze on the nose.

6 comments:

Amy Hall said...

So cute!

Amber said...

I love the "honking!" And that first picture is priceless!

Heather said...

He gets cuter and cuter! I love the hair.

jaredelizabeth said...

Ok , I know I just saw him in person a few hours ago, but these pics are adorable and I laughed at the one of Paul honking his nose.....so cute. I am so happy for you guys and I am so glad you guys are so close so I can enjoy your little guy from a short distance.

danberg said...

he's adorable! hope things are well your way!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that Paul seems to be okay with the baby, even if the teasing seems to be starting a bit early. ;) I hope Susan continues to feel better. We are looking forward to seeing you guys at Christmas!