So I have two weeks left. I have a scheduled c-section for the 20th. I have mixed feelings about having two kids, and about having a second c-section. I was hoping I would go into labor by now and have a better chance at delivering normally, but the bigger the baby gets the more apprehensive I am about doing it that method. Part of me is very excited for this pregnancy to be over with and for Paul to have a playmate eventually, but another LARGE part of me is very nervous. I am nervous about how Paul will react and adjust. He loves babies, but I have observed in other children that that characteristic can fly out the window after the baby doesn't go away. Paul has been very easily provoked into Paul The Ferocious lately which also has me concerned. I could use all the advice I can get! I feel so overwhelmed by him.
We recently made the transition to the big boy bed. He is doing well with it, but he likes to get into the crib to play/jump. We rearranged the bedroom to fit the changing table along with everything else that was previously crammed in the room. I am glad we rearranged a month ago instead of right before because with each new arrangement we find a flaw. With the first arrangement Paul could reach the light switch and door knob. With the second arrangement Paul could climb from his bed onto the changing table and into the crib too easily. I could just see Paul stepping on the baby's head in the middle of the night. With this third arrangement we had to put Paul's slide in storage and he looks out the window while he supposed to be napping, but it's as good as it's gonna get.
I bought a cradle off of Craig's List and we'll keep the boys separated until the new little one is sleeping through the night. I need to find a way for the cradle to be stationary (so it won't rock). Paul has already proven himself too good of a helper, and for that same reason we will not be getting a swing.
And to add on top of all my anxiety, there's something wrong with our kitchen plumbing. Our dishwasher smells rancid and we had a flood in our kitchen. It has been over a week and the maintenance still hasn't come to fix it (I've called several times). Can you picture an eight months pregnant woman doing her dishes in the bathtub? It's quite the site I am sure.
I know all of you would love to see a big belly photo but it ain't happin'. I am just going to avoid all comments such as: "Wow, you really look ready!" and "You look pretty good considering how far along you are." and "You are all baby, I swear!" Well, that's that for now and any advice about a Terrible Two son would be appreciated.
9 comments:
Sorry, I have no advice as I am not sure what to do on all your problems:).
Well, actually, the plumbing one...march your 8 month pregnant body down to the office, with Paul in tow, and ask to talk to a manager and tell this person that you can no longer live like this! You need someone up to the apartment today! That is stupid!
One more thing... And hang in there! You will do great!
I cant really give official advice since I havnt really gone through it myself yet, but we are planning on getting Tommy a baby doll for him to "help" with the baby when he cant and a gift exchange when he meets Jane for the first time. He will give her something and she will give him something. That way it starts out fun instead of a jelousy issue. Congrats on the big boy bed too. Its nice to start that before the baby comes.
This is Susan. Here is a follow-up to the maintenance issue. I went in and took Amy Ray's advice. Come to find out, one of the maintenance workers, most likely the one with our work order, got hit by a car. So I'll let this one slide, but only for one more day. They better come soon.
I feel so bad for you!! I know maintenence issues are horrible, but at least you don't have mold growing in your house!;) When crappy things go wrong when your 8 mos. preggo, makes it 10x worse. I think heather's idea was a good one. Get him acquainted with a baby doll in helping out. or just get him involved as much as possible. Maybe put the diapers where he can reach them and have him get you a diaper before you change him each time and let him know that the baby "says thank you" for helping. kisses goodnight or even pacifer plugger if you plan on using one. Get him invloved right from the beigging all the time so he doesn't feel like he is "in the corner" all the time. I also think the 'gift" thing is a great idea too. making it fun and personal right after he is born should hopefully make him feel that it is "his brother" rather than "mommy's baby" I know all of this will be tuff after a C-sec. and with a new baby and all, but give it time and I really think this will help. Good Luck and I'll pray for you!
okay, we need to talk again. i had no idea you we're doing a vbac! that makes me wonder about myself when i get pregnant again. I have heard of the gift from new baby to older siblings, and hear it is a good way of doing things. seriously, i hope you get your sink/dishwasher fixed asap, i can't imagine doing dishes in the bathtub, and i'm not pregnant. wasn't there a kramer moment like that, oh yeah, he did his dishes in the shower and had a garbage disposal installed in his bathtub. silly kramer :) i'll call ya soon
Amen to that sista!!! Except now that I am not pregnant anymore, and probably won't be ever again, I so wish that I had more prego pictures of me, but I know what you mean about the comments...it's like people feel obligated to say those things.
As for the plumbing, I agree with Amy Ray...go to the office and bug the crap out of them until they do something. That's just ridiculous!
Tommy is going to be just great! He may be jealous for a little while, but trust me it ends and when your littlelist one is walking they will be the best of friends, and also fighting a lot. :) You and Pat are a good team. Paul will feel secure.
I feel bad that we told you we loved it so much at those apartments and you guys have had so many problems! Not fair! I hope they come fix that soon...they should have at least told you what the hold up was! As for second babies, Katie has gone through several phases of loving and disliking Jace. Usually when she seemed to be doing something mean, she was actually trying to be nice or help out. I just had to keep a good eye on her. Congrats on the big boy bed. We found it helped to put the crib out of sight (taken apart and under a bed) so Katie wouldn't think the baby took her bed away. Then we put it back up when we needed it. Good luck with these last two weeks! Two kids are a lot of work, but lots of fun too. It's annoying when they fight, but fun to see them have so much fun together. I'm sure Paul will love the new baby, and you will do just fine. I'll be looking forward to pictures of the new little one soon!
Being an apartment manager and being a mom of a 4 year old and two an a half year old, I would be happy to give my advise on both, and also because I love you to death! So, for the plumbing, put it in writing and explain you are to give birth any day and doing dishes for the last week in the bath tub is very inconvienent. Deliver it in person and kindly but firmly explain yourself and ask what they have done to attempt to fix this problem. Then stand there while they call the plumber and make the appt. :)
Now for the two year old. There is a reason they call it the "terrible twos". Be patient, loving, and show him some extra attention. Also, fight for nap times for him. Lay down with him if you have to. I lost nap time switching my kids to a big bed. Fight for it as best you can. A new baby in the home is a big change for everyone. Don't expect him to understand. He is two, not ten, and he will adjust just like the rest of you. Oh, and go out on a date by yourself this week. You need a little time out for you before you have the baby here. Best of luck to you. Call me when that baby is here!
Post a Comment