
Good News! We got a new dishwasher after 8 months of maintenance requests! I am happy to report that it works great and our dishes will no longer have to be washed by hand or in the bathtub!

Bad News: Paul took a dive the other day. He missed a step and his face is what stopped him. I am assuming he didn't have time to put this hands down because he got a bloody nose, a fat lip, and a goose egg on his forehead. His poor lip seemed to get the brunt of it though. The road rash above his lip has since scabbed over and the swelling has gone down, but it still looks very painful. Poor kiddo.

The sleepy refers to everyone in our household at this point, but it is Caleb who actually gets sleep. Here is a picture of him taking over our bed. Mom and Dad's bed is always better.

Good News: I am up and about. The healing is going well, and getting out of the house is a much needed event. There are many people who believe taking your child out before 6 weeks is unwise, so go ahead and judge, but we went to the zoo and it was fun.

Bad News: Paul wants to be the baby too. :)

The cute sleepy Caleb
7 comments:
Wow!
Poor Paul! He really bit it!
You look great and Caleb seems content:).
Poor Paul! Glad to see you are doing well -- you look great! I thought that way about the six weeks thing with Emmy, but am completely aware that I will not be doing that with our next! Once you have two, Mommy's sanity trumps the six week rule!!!! I have been wanting to call you, I will try soon now that I know you are feeling lots better :)
Hooray about your dishwasher! Thats awsome. Poor Paul. He really went all out this time. You look really good. Dont feel bad about going to the zoo. Thats the first place we took Tommy at 1 week. He slept through the whole thing anyway.
Yikes, Paul! Hopefully it heals fast!. A sleeping baby pic is my favorite. They look so content. If only their mommies could sleep as soundly with an infant around! Oh and I agree that taking the baby out helps keep you sane and will cause no harm to the baby (regardless of who judges you!).
Hooray for your new dishwasher!! It's about time! Poor Paul...fat lips are pretty sore. But it has been a while since he's had a bad fall like that (or at least that you've posted!) so that's good. Caleb looks like a pretty good baby...and so cute! Glad he is getting sleep.
I'm sorry you got hurt Paul. I hope that he is feeling better these days! Caleb is sure a cutie. I'm glad you have a new dishwasher too..it took them long enough. As for judging you for taking your baby out, I took Ethen (my first) to the grocery store at a week old. I am sure I had hateful looks from passerbys, and yet he is perfectly fine today! Speaking of the zoo, I just renewed my membership there. We should go together sometime. It would be great to see you guys.
Paul is such a boy! He is always getting hurt, but isn't that what boys are supposed to do? I think it's great your up and about. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to not go crazy in the house all day. I'm sure he'll be fine. I think a mom's judgement trumps any "rules" You look great by the way..You and tracy look like such cute mom's!! It is still hard for me to look at myself and say yeah, you're a mom. I think it takes having 2 to really feel, ok, I am defiantely a mom!! Caleb is so precious. I love babies, and I'm really wanting another one, but Delia keeps me on my toes enough to wait a little longer ;)
Post a Comment