Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He's Here!

Our newest family addition, Caleb Oliver, arrived at 8:10 Sunday night (Oct 12). He weighed 6lbs. 5oz. and was 19.5 inches long. I went into labor on my own, but did a c-section anyway. I wasn't progressing fast enough and I was in a lot of pain. Everything has gone smoothly since. Paul and Caleb look very similar as newborns. Paul quickly started to look like he does now after a month or two, so I assume the same thing will happen with Caleb. Caleb definitely has more meat on him, but that's because he cooked 3 weeks longer than Paul. Anyway, my point was that I keep calling him Paul because they looked so similar. I feel bad when other people have to correct me in saying my own son's name. Here are some pictures of him. In the family photo he doesn't really look like himself, but you can see his mohawk hair.




19 comments:

Amy Hall said...

Oh yea!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting! Welcome to the world little Caleb!

jaredelizabeth said...

What!!! You live like ten feet away and I didn't know you had your baby. I'm so excited for you guys. I love the name and can't wait to see him in person. Congrats and I hope the recovery goes well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! What an adorable family! Thanks for the pictures. I hope you get to rest and recoop for a bit.
amy chandler :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! He does look a lot like Paul. I love the name. It looks like Paul is really happy too. Hope that lasts. Love you guys

Tracy Giles said...

Congrats!!! He does look a lot like Paul, especially in person. Let us know if you need anything. He is really cute!!!!

danberg said...

Susan, you look so great! Are you sure you just had a baby? j/k :) Congrats! He is adorable, and all that hair! Love it! We are so happy for you!

Mandi said...

Congratulations! I love all the pictures! Hope you are doing ok!

The Wanbergs said...

Man, you called it on Sunday when you said you knew he was coming! Guess your mom arrived just in time. Congrats! Oh, and don't feel bad about the name thing. I kept calling Miles "Eden" for the first MONTH. So much worse to call a boy a girl's name.

The Wanbergs said...

I forgot to mention, you look absolutely radiant. It's hard to believe you were in labor at all.

Amber said...

Yeah!! Welcome Caleb! You look awesome and he looks adorable. Great skin tone for a newborn! And a bit of advice, don't stress about neglecting Paul because of the new baby. He will adjust. I freaked out about how Cora would react and felt so guilty about paying more attention to Claire once she was born, but it all worked out in the end. Cora transformed into a great big sister and a "big" girl overnight! Good luck and get as much sleep as you can :)

The Allens said...

HOORAY! He is a beautiful baby! And I love his name. Congratulations and good luck..you'll do great!

CathiWix said...

Oh, what a beautiful little boy! Congrats on your newest family member. Am glad the labor went smoothly (after the initial pain).

Bobby, Cathi and Ann Elise

Crafty Momma said...

Congrats! I'll bet you are soooo glad he is finally here! what an adorable baby!! Perfect size! And I do have to say you look spectacular Susan, really!! You look 3 months postpartum and just glowing! I love pregnant ladies and new moms, they have a radiance about them. Hope all is going well.

Jessica said...

Wow, that's a suprise! So glad to hear that he made it safe and sound. He looks very handsome, I am excited to meet him in person.

Mike C. said...

ํำYeah! I can't wait to see him in person. He looks absolutely beautiful and you and Pat look so happy. I'll bring you dinner on Thursday.

Net

Leslie & Matt said...

Wow congrats guys! Way to go for cutting to the chase! hehehe I am so happy to see your cute little family & can't wait to see him in person.

Kristina Rowley said...

Caleb is very cute. I am so happy for you all. You look very good Susan. Hope you are still recovering well and enjoying the help from your mom. Congratulations!

Jennifer Groves said...

Welcome Caleb Oliver. I love that name. He really is a cutie. I love the picture of your whole family together, and seriously you don't look super tired. How is that? I seriously get huge bags under my eyes when I have babies. I need to make a trip out there to see both Caleb, and Harrison. Love you guys!

jaredelizabeth said...

Did I mention your hair and makeup look great in the picture of you right after major surgery....I always look like a zombie....I must remember to do my hair the day I have the baby so I look like that and not scare everyone.